Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pour Painting on Canvas

This was a quick but super fun craft that I did with Bug. We are working on Christmas presents, and this was perfect for a few of the VDV galleries that exist with our extended family. It didn't cost too much...I bought canvases at Michaels when they were on sale, and 6 different coloured paints that were $0.99 each. I think each canvas was just over $5.00 each.

I set up a piece of paper on the floor and then on the wall where I was going to set the canvas against (I love painting and such, but figured splattered paint on my walls and hardwood floors would be a bit excessive). Then I laid the canvas against the working area and gave Bug his paints. I showed him first how to drizzle the paint over the top edge and then just let him have free range.
Bug loved this. It held his attention and each canvas was really quick so he didn't get bored. It was very simple for my 4 year old and he loved watching the paint drip down. He thought the final piece was beautiful!!
I think I have to agree. This was so fun and the final art piece is so bright and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment