Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Crafting with My Bug

As I've said before, I'm a crafty person; so it's no surprise that doing crafts with my children, especially Bug is an easy outlet for quality time for me. Seeing as Halloween is coming up, and this year, I have planned a Halloween party for the boys and their little buddies, we are making Halloween crafts that will be on display during our extravaganza. So throughout October, we are making Halloween items...which is a fun way to build anticipation and excitement for this Fall event as well as instil a sense of pride for my boy(s) as their art pieces will be on display for all to see.

Our first craft was a door wreath. I purchased most of my items from Michaels, and utilized the coupons, so it wasn't too expensive. The wreath base was found in the floral section. There are foam ones (which surprisingly were more expensive), and then there was this flat wooden one. We used that one as we weren't using any fake flowers and we didn't need the dimension of the foam one. I bought the multi-pack bag of googly eyes, again with the coupon. The 4 different kinds of ribbon were all on sale. I bought the foam Halloween items from Dollarama, as well as the gauze. I already had a glue gun and glue sticks, but those can be purchased for pretty cheap at Michaels.

Obviously, this craft was VERY adult supervised and I had a huge part in the ribbon wrapping. But I let Bug use the glue gun and place the dollops of glue where I needed them. When it came time for the decorating, Bug chose the items and where they were to be placed on the wreath.
 He was very proud of the finished product and he said it was "very beautiful"!
It will be the first thing our ghoulish friends will see when they come to our house for the Halloween party, as it is proudly displayed on our front door!
A friend of mine recently asked if there was anyway I can make a printable version of my blog posts so she could print her favourites off and save them for when her daughter was older. I figured out how. Click the link below.
Word Document File for Post

No comments:

Post a Comment