Monday, November 25, 2013

Walking/Don't Walk Game

This post is a quick post about a game I created for Bug. This activity stemmed from the red light/green light game, where you hold up a red or green sign and get your child to either stop or go. I changed it to gear more towards teaching Bug about crossing the street and when it is safe to do so. I made two signs, one the don't walk hand and the other the walking person.
I started out the game with the don't walk hand, talking about when it is solid and not blinking you don't cross the street. Then I would switch the sign to the walking man, and Bug would be all smiles, on his merry way. I made it super fun by changing the length I held up the walking sign for and Bug would get super excited when all of a sudden he had to stop.
After we did that for a while, I changed it up by speaking to him about how sometimes the red hand blinks. I told him that if you are crossing the street and the walking man all of sudden changes to the blinking hand, he needed to finish crossing the street really quickly. He had a lot of fun with this, running around in the house. The action shots sure catch how energetic he got once we got to this part of game.
Bug loved this...to the point where I was done with the game way sooner than he was. He kept asking for just one more. After the game, he gave the red don't walk hand a big high five!

No comments:

Post a Comment