Sunday, August 4, 2013

VDV Artists!

We had a craft day the other day. Bug loves crafting (that's what he calls it), so we decided to have some painting fun inside on a day that wasn't so nice outside. We utilized the artist smocks I made for Bug's past birthday party. We also brought one of the painting stations back from his party...fly swatter painting. We added one more utensil and painted with a potato masher. Both the fly swatter and potato masher were from Dollarama, which equalled to cheap but super fun painting.

I just laid down some newspaper on our floor. I don't care too much about the mess we make, but I thought I would contain some of it. Then I used painter's tape to tape a piece of paper down so all Bug had to worry about was putting his painting device to paper. I put paint on a paper plate, then got Bug to dip either the fly swatter or potato masher into the paint. The rest is pretty obvious...he would "stamp" or swat the paper and leave different patterns.
We did a couple of just fly swatter art, a couple of potato masher art and then a couple of pieces that incorporated both of our unique painting tools.
For Bear, I taped some paper down, then drizzled some paint onto the awaiting masterpieces. I gave him a paint brush so he could play on his own. He started with that, but ended up doing more of a finger/body painting. He was so messy in the end...paint was on his feet, legs, diaper, arms and face. He was so so cute!
After it was all done, and the boys were sufficiently dirty, it was bath time. And there isn't anything possibly more cute than bath time photos!

My boys truly do love each other. I understand and am not too naïve to think that their enjoyment of one another will last and I won't have sibling rivalry moments in the future. But seeing them together right now, warms my heart...from the shared giggles, the affectionate cuddles and the goofy play. My boys are amazing!

Another successful painting day in the VDV household. And the beginning of completed Christmas presents! haha...have kids...it gives you the opportunity to give some cheap (cost wise) and easy presents that are adorable, full of meaning and are truly enjoyed by the recipients!

Word Document Link for Post

No comments:

Post a Comment