Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Craft Day: Splatter Painting with Learning

After Bug's birthday, and seeing how some of the painting stations were received amongst the children, I figured I would incorporate certain ones into future craft days. The first one we did a couple of weeks ago was the splatter painting station. We used the sauce brush we bought from Dollarama and 6 different coloured paints. I made this into a learning craft day by incorporating numbers and letters. We have many individual wooden die we have used in a variety of different crafts and learning activities. So I chose one die that was numbered 1 through 6 and the other one lettered "G" through "L". I then labelled 6 plastic cups with one of the letters from the corresponding die. After, we took our canvas outside with the rest of the materials. In each cup, I poured a small amount of paint from 1 of the 6 different colours.

How the craft day panned out started with Bug rolling the number die first. We recognized the number first. Then I got him to roll the letter die. When he vocalized what letter was rolled, I got him to find the corresponding letter cup. Bug then would dip the sauce brush into the paint, stand back and whip his hand towards the canvas. The paint splattered the canvas...and the fence, but who cares when you are having fun. Depending on the number rolled, he would repeat that action with the same colour of paint. When Bug completed the numbered colour whips he rolled, we would start again until we deemed the masterpiece to be complete!
One more masterpiece I get to frame and hang in our house! I love how the artwork turned out. Check out the video to get a clearer image of how the craft was executed!

Word Document Link for Post

No comments:

Post a Comment