Saturday, June 8, 2013

Camp Daddy?

Between my husband and I, I am definitely the planner and organizer. My husband is more of the "do things on a whim" type of person, and unless the weather allows for him to take the boys outside for a bike ride, walk or just outdoor play, he finds it difficult to come up with activities. This is in no way a slight against him; he's a great father. He's just not like his anal retentive, Type A, perfectionist wife who likes to plan and organize (it's my source of enjoyment, not going to lie...haha).

These last few days, I have been super ill, and I actually missed work yesterday. I didn't want Bug to be cooped inside with me and my germs and since the weather was wonderful, my husband and I decided to let Bug have some water fun. Mr. VDV just recently went out with some friends for a 3 hour trail bike ride. It was rather muddy and his bike desperately needed a wash. Bug loves playing with water, so we set up the hose and let him go to town.
That wasn't enough for Bug though, so once Daddy's bike was sparkling clean, he started washing the side of the house and much to the chagrin of our dog, chased Indy around with the hose in hand. Bug also loves washing his little tykes "Flintstones" car, so we got a bucket full of water and some sponges out for him to play with.
This ended up being a couple of hours of fun for Bug; he got to go outside and it required little to no preparation. Another successful outdoor activity, I'd say!

No comments:

Post a Comment