Saturday, February 15, 2014

New Years with the VDV Four

This year for New Year's I wanted to start another tradition. We are a crafty bunch, so I thought it would be fun to make our own party hats. I just cut out a cone from sparkly card stock and then glued it together (link for a template). Everyone got to decorate their own by painting on mod podge and then sprinkling with glitter. Then we placed a little sparkly pom pom on top and stapled a piece of elastic on the bottom. Bug was very proud of his!
A New Year's Eve tradition that I adopted from my childhood was a fondue to celebrate the end of the year. Bug especially loves the process of cooking his own food now, so it has been an activity we have done the last few years. This year we made the dinner process extra special by having sparklers and confetti poppers. No better way to ring in the new year than with your loved ones (especially the little ones)!

No comments:

Post a Comment