Thursday, May 23, 2013

My Bear turns One!!

It's so hard to believe that my baby boy is now one! This past year has gone by so fast...in all honesty, even the pregnancy with Bear went by so fast. Probably because I couldn't just focus on him, as Bug kept us busy throughout the day. But here we are, celebrating the little man that made us the VDV four. He is quite possibly the best baby out there. Happy and content, he just observes and smiles most of the time. He's such an easy going fella, I'm pretty excited to see how he will be once he really starts chatting and becoming active. Bug and Bear, at this point are amazing together. Bug loves his baby brother so much, and is constantly giving him hugs and kisses...and always, and I do mean ALWAYS, wants to make him laugh. It's so cute to watch the two of them interact now, especially with Bear now engaging more with everyone. We had his party this past weekend, but today it was just some family getting together to rejoice in this little man who has brought so much joy and love into our lives! As a mom, I couldn't be happier. It's a bit bittersweet with him entering his toddler years, as my husband and I are done having children. So, knowing that I won't experience pregnancy and newborn chaos again makes me a little sad. But my boys are amazing and watching Bug become this awesome toddler makes me that much more thrilled to watch Bear toddle through these next incredible years. Happy birthday my little love!! We love you to the moon and back!
Bug really wanted to get Bear a dinosaur for his birthday. So I thought of a way to make it a little bit more personal, that Bear can keep with him over the next few years. I roughly...and I do mean roughly - without a pattern, made a dinosaur out of white muslin fabric. Before I stitched him up, I got Bug to color him with fabric markers. I really wanted to make the dinosaur look kid like, more of a kid drawing of a dinosaur. Bug at this point can't draw objects too well, so I had to use my imagination on how it would look. He's so ugly, he's cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment